Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Pig Pickin and Face Lickin

I woke up this morning and shuffled into the kitchen. This was the first thing I saw:



Lovely.

I spent the majority of the afternoon making some yummy treats for my friend Adjoa's birthday.

"It's my birthday next week," she had told me last Wednesday. I took it as a hint. For some reason we have lots of cans of mandarin oranges in the house so I decided upon a Pig Pickin cake. I had this cake for the first time on Super Bowl Sunday this year in Atlanta, GA. My friend Anna got the recipe from a Paula Dean episode. It was delicious. Light and sweet but not too sweet.

A Pig Pickin cake is a traditional Southern cake. I am assuming that it is usually made for pig pickins (Southern BBQs that entail roasting a whole pig on a spit then picking it apart with a bunch of family, friends, and or neighbors).




I also made some marscapone mini-cupcakes with strawberry glaze. I didn't particularly care for them but Megan, my sister, did. She put that junk away. I mean, it was ridiculous how much she ate. It's totally not fair how she can eat whatever she wants and still be so thin.



I delivered the goodies to the home of mutual family friends, the Cooleys. They have five children and a pomeranian named Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris has a nice set of new, sharp teeth coming in, fyi.

This is Paul, the second oldest, teasing his dog mercilessly. Hrm...who does that remind me of...?


This is Ben, the second youngest. His hobbies include playing guitar and kissing Chuck Norris.



And this is Sarah, the eldest.


No comments: